- In the successful delivery of complex projects and programmes;
- In the development and deployment of business strategies enabled through their IT infrastructure that support and enhance business practices; and
- The on-going audit, analysis, security, risk and issue management of these programs.
Our personnel regularly lead and supplement the world’s major IT consultancies for their engagements; a testament to the expertise, knowledge, skill, experience and capability of our people.
Selected examples of some of the large scale projects managed by Cammind personnel are:
Project, Program and Business Management
Our resources were appointed as the Program Manager for the knowledge sharing and collaboration program for a large Government agency. This program of works encompassed the proof of concept and implementation of an information and knowledge management platform with a new web content management system, a document management system, video streaming and the delivery of the underlying infrastructure. This multi-million dollar program was delivered on time and on budget.
Our resources were appointed as the Program Manager for the establishment and delivery of identity and access management, data warehouse management and enterprise service bus systems. These systems manage the identities of in excess of 2 million users as well as the movement and access to data to a large number of highly critical and sensitive Government applications. This program of works represented the largest deployment of its type in the southern hemisphere.
IT Strategy and Alignment
Our resources have been responsible for the development and implementation of several strategies including Information Management (IM), Knowledge Management (KM) and Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) strategies. The most recent engagement was for the development and implementation of a 5 year ICT Strategy for a large Government Department. This particular strategy covered six priority areas whereby each area has clearly defined deliverables, benefits and outcomes for ICT to support and assist the Department in achieving it key outcomes as detailed in their Departmental business plan.
Strategic Analysis, Ongoing Feasibility and Business Analysis
Our resources have authored business cases and funding submissions to secure CAPEX and OPEX for several major initiatives. Each business case included an Investment Logic Map (ILM), benefits management and detailed cost models. These included:
- ERP (Finance, Human Resource, Payroll and Procurement) systems replacement and extensions. This business case secured multi-million dollar project and ongoing operational funding.
- Document and records management system replacement. This business case secured multi-million dollar project and ongoing operational funding.
- Upgrade of an enterprise collaboration and knowledge management platform. This business case secured multi-million dollar project and ongoing operational funding.
- Review of the corporate intranet information architecture and rebranding. This business case secured project and ongoing operational funding.
Business Enhancement and Operational Delivery
Our resources were appointed as the Project Manager for a disaster recovery strategy and implementation project which defined, documented and delivered the disaster recovery framework, integrate Policy and Process and ensure all mission critical systems had current and tested Disaster Recovery capabilities.
Systems Development and Delivery
Our Project Management Services was responsible for the delivery for a large Government client upgrade of both their hardware and software of their payroll, human resource, financial management and procurement systems. These systems manage billions of dollars in payroll and operational funds, nearly one hundred thousand employees and thousands of suppliers.
One of these projects saw our resources establish a new document management system. As well as creating a system for new documents, this also included the migration of tens of thousands of existing published documents from a number of outdated systems into the newly deployed document management system.
Our Project Management Services was responsible for the delivery of the largest Microsoft Exchange upgrade in the Southern Hemisphere with some 80,000+ user accounts. This project was awarded an AIPM PMAA IT Project of the Year award and National AIPM PMAA IT Category High Commendation.
Management of Large and Government Tenders
Our resources have project managed many managed services contract tendering processes. These projects include the scoping and approvals to issue the Expression of Interest (EOI) and/or Request for Quote (RFQ), probity and risk management, shortlisting, best and final offers (BAFO), recommended supplier decision briefings and the implementation of associated contracts. These projects also included the necessary project transition in and transition out activities:
- The desktop, infrastructure and network program. As well as performing the necessary procurement activities, it included the delivery and implementation of a desktop refresh for 1,000+ users, enabling remote access for 6,000+ users together with backup and network connectivity established across some 1,600 sites.
- The wireless networks for school program, as well as performing the necessary procurement activities it included the delivery and implementation of these systems. This was a major project for this Government Education Department and is recognised by both Cisco and IBM as the largest wireless project in the southern hemisphere. Prior to this project, the states schools had little or no wireless networks. Today they are commonplace and are still utilising the infrastructure and work delivered by this program.
- Core infrastructure and technology support services contract.
- Document management system support services contract.
- ERP systems hosting and managed services contract.